- F-1 Students
- New Students
- F-1 Status, Visa and Travel
- Maintaining Status
- Social Security Number
- Employment Options
- On-Campus Employment
- Employment & Volunteering
- CPT (Curricular Practical Training)
- Post Completion OPT Workshops
- Optional Practical Training
- OPT Reporting Requirements (12 Months)
- 24 Month OPT STEM Extension
- OPT STEM Reporting (24 months)
- Changing Employers During OPT STEM
- Forms and Handouts
- Express Shipping Options
- Links and Resources
- J-1 Students and Scholars
- International Student Life
- Video Gallery
- CIE staff
All of the handouts and forms on this page are provided in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them. If you do not already have it, you can download Acrobat Reader (link opens in new window) for free. All forms will open in a new browser window.
- New Student Information Sheet (PDF, 104kb)
If you are a new student or scholar, please complete the attached form and submit it along with your immigration documents to the Center for International Education within one week of arrival (or at Orientation).
- Letter Request Form (PDF, 104kb)
If you wish to request a letter (e.g. invitation to family, full-time status verification, social security letter), please complete this form and submit it to the Center for International Education.
J-1 Student and Scholar Forms
The following forms are exclusively for J-1 students/scholars sponsored by Cal State East Bay. Sponsored students, whose immigration documents are issued by agencies, such as IIE and IREX, should direct all immigration matters to them.
- Travel Endorsement I-20/DS 2019 Request Form (PDF, 84.1kb)
If you wish to travel, please submit this form along with your DS 2019 at least two weeks before departure.
Academic Training (J-1 students only)