All of the handouts and forms on this page are provided in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them. If you do not already have it, you can download Acrobat Reader (link opens in new window) for free. All forms will open in a new browser window.

General Forms

  • New Student Information Sheet (PDF, 104kb)
    If you are a new student or scholar, please complete the attached form and submit it along with your immigration documents to the Center for International Education within one week of arrival (or at Orientation).
  • Letter Request Form (PDF, 104kb)
    If you wish to request a letter (e.g. invitation to family, full-time status verification, social security letter), please complete this form and submit it to the Center for International Education.

J-1 Student and Scholar Forms

The following forms are exclusively for J-1 students/scholars sponsored by Cal State East Bay. Sponsored students, whose immigration documents are issued by agencies, such as IIE and IREX, should direct all immigration matters to them.

  • DS 2019 Travel Request Form (PDF, 84.1kb)
    If you wish to travel, please submit this form along with your DS 2019 at least two weeks before departure.

Academic Training (J-1 students only)
J-1 exchange student may engage in internships related to their field of study (major) on- or off-campus. This is known as Academic Training. The internship may be paid or unpaid, full-time or part-time. Academic Training MUST be authorized by the Responsible or Alternate Responsible Officer in the Center for International Education at least 2 weeks before DS 2019 expiration date. Forms for Academic Training authorization are available in the Center for International Education.

J-Scholar Forms