- Your Full Name
- Your NETID and/or SEVIS number
- Your Residential Address
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Your employer (company) name
- Your employer (company) address
- F-1 Students
- New Students
- F-1 Status, Visa and Travel
- Maintaining Status
- Social Security Number
- Employment Options
- On-Campus Employment
- Employment & Volunteering
- CPT (Curricular Practical Training)
- Post Completion OPT Workshops
- Optional Practical Training
- OPT Reporting Requirements (12 Months)
- 24 Month OPT STEM Extension
- OPT STEM Reporting (24 months)
- Changing Employers During OPT STEM
- Forms and Handouts
- Express Shipping Options
- Links and Resources
- J-1 Students and Scholars
- International Student Life
- Video Gallery
- CIE staff
OPT Reporting Requirements
All students on OPT are required to report any changes within 10 days. Failure to comply with any of the reporting requirements constitutes a violation of your legal F-1 status.
SEVP PORTAL- Self Reporting Tool
The SEVP Portal is a tool that F-1 students engaged in post-completion OPT and STEM OPT Extension can choose to use to report certain updates to SEVIS.
You will receive an email from SEVP to create a portal at the same time as your EAD authorization start date.
For more information please visit: https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/sevp-portal-help
If you are unable to login to the Portal, please email email@example.com with your full name and SEVIS number to request a Portal reset.
Please send a copy of your EAD card to CIE.
Post-Completion OPT Reporting Requirements (12 Months)
Please make sure all information is reported within 10 days of the change. You will not be able to report any changes after 10 days and must contact CIE
What can I report via my SEVP Portal account while on Post Completion OPT?
You can update your residential information, your contact information and all required employer information. At this time, you cannot upload a copy of your offer letter or EAD card.
Listed below is all required information
- Your job title
- Your employment start date (mm/dd/yyyy)
- One or two sentences on how your job is related to your major
- Whether full time or part time? *Full time is any amount over 20 hours a week
- End date of previous employer if any (mm/dd/yyyy)
- Copy of your EAD card