To make your transition to Cal State East Bay as smooth as possible, the Center for International Education has developed this useful checklist for new students. The following steps are assuming you have already completed the Admitted Student checklist
on our International Admissions page.
- Attend the International Student Orientation. At orientation, you will meet with academic advisors, learn about registration, review the important immigration rules that are critical to your stay in the U.S., and receive other important information to assist you in your transition to Cal State East Bay. Graduate students should also check to see if your graduate department requires you attend a departmental orientation.
- Obtain Academic Advising, if needed
- Submit any outstanding documents to the International Admissions Office.
- Register for classes and pay fees and if you have not done so already
- Check-In with your Immigration Documents at CIE
- Complete SEVIS transfer procedures (if applicable)
- Locate and move into Permanent Housing
- Update personal and U.S. address information through MYCSUEB
- Visit Student Health Center to submit Immunization form if not previously submitted
- Obtain your Student ID (Bay Card) in the lobby of the Library
- Make an appointment to visit the Department of Motor Vehicles to apply for a California drivers licence if you plan to drive in California.
- Buy your parking pass (if you will be driving to campus) My Campus Permit
- Check out your Class Schedule
- Sign up for WST (Writing Skills Test) (transfer and graduate students only)
More information and resources are available in the International Student Handbook!