Academic Training in Your Field of Study
Academic Training is work, training, or experience related to a student's field of study.
- Although a J-1 student may work part time or full time, all academic training is counted full time, even if the employment/training is on a part-time basis.
- You must have a job offer in the field of your study and obtain a written recommendation for academic training from your academic advisor in order to apply for academic training with CIE.
- The time you are authorized for academic training before your program completion will be subtracted from the total time of academic training for which you are eligible.
- Time allotted may not exceed "the period of full course of study" or 18 months, whichever is shorter.
- Completing more than one degree program does not increase your academic training period.