- F-1 Students
- New Students
- F-1 Status, Visa and Travel
- Maintaining Status
- Social Security Number
- Employment Options
- On-Campus Employment
- Employment & Volunteering
- CPT (Curricular Practical Training)
- Pre-Completion OPT
- Post Completion OPT Workshops
- Optional Practical Training
- OPT Reporting Requirements (12 Months)
- 24 Month OPT STEM Extension
- OPT STEM Reporting (24 months)
- Changing Employers During OPT STEM
- Forms and Handouts
- Links and Resources
- J-1 Students and Scholars
- International Student Life
- Video Gallery
- CIE staff
Spring 2024 New International Student Orientation
In-Person Orientation on Campus
Information will be available soon for an in-person orientation for new international students attending Spring 2024!
Virtual Pre-Departure Orientations
We will be hosting several virtual pre-departure workshops to review everything you need to know before arriving in the U.S. Admitted F-1 international students will receive an invitation with zoom registration details via email. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
- November 1, 8:30 am Pacific Time - view slides here
- December 6, 7:30 am Pacific Time
- January 5, 7:30 am Pacific Time
Fall 2023 INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ORIENTATION
If you missed the New Student Orientation, we strongly suggest you review the Immigration Session slides that were presented.
Fall 2023 Online Check-In Procedure
For new international students who will be inside the USA for Fall 2023, you must complete the virtual "check in" procedure after your arrival by submitting the following documents to this Google Form. You will need to sign in using your HORIZON email.
- New Student Information Form- this must include a valid USA address
- Passport- copy of your bio page in your passport
- I-94 (www.cbp.gov/i94)
- I-94 Record page
If you are transferring from another school in the U.S. (from any level - high school, undergraduate, or graduate) as an F-1 student, you must complete the transfer of your SEVIS record to Cal State East Bay within 15 days of the beginning of the semester.