SEVIS Record Transfer

Transfer In

Transferring to Cal State East Bay

  1. Request a Transfer- Inform your current school that you have been accepted to Cal State East Bay. Most schools will ask you to complete a "Transfer Out Form" before your SEVIS record will be transferred by your current school to Cal State East Bay.
  2. Admission Letter- Provide your current school with a copy of your Cal State East Bay acceptance letter.
  3. Release Date- decide what your SEVIS record release date will be. Most often, this date will be the same as the end date of the last term you plan to attend or have attended your current institution.
  4. Contact our SEVIS team- please email any questions/concerns to

School Codes- California State University, East Bay

                          Hayward Campus- SFR214F00137000

                          Oakland Campus- SFR214F00137001

Transfer Out

Transferring from Cal State East Bay

  1. Admission- obtain an admission letter from the school you are transferring to
  2. Transfer Out Form- submit the Transfer Out Form to CIE, in person or via email to
    • Note: some admitting schools may also have their own Transfer In form for CIE to sign
  3. Proof of Admission- attach a copy of your admission letter to the Transfer Out form request
  4. Transfer Date- CIE will electronically transfer your SEVIS record based on the date you indicated on the Transfer In form

OPT STEM students- make sure you submit the last OPT STEM participation report and evaluation page of the I-983