- F-1 Students
- New Students
- F-1 Status, Visa and Travel
- Maintaining Status
- Social Security Number
- Employment Options
- On-Campus Employment
- Employment & Volunteering
- CPT (Curricular Practical Training)
- Pre-Completion OPT
- Post Completion OPT Workshops
- Optional Practical Training
- OPT Reporting Requirements (12 Months)
- 24 Month OPT STEM Extension
- OPT STEM Reporting (24 months)
- Changing Employers During OPT STEM
- Forms and Handouts
- Links and Resources
- J-1 Students and Scholars
- International Student Life
- Video Gallery
- CIE staff
SEVIS Record Transfer
Transferring to Cal State East Bay
- Request a Transfer- Inform your current school that you have been accepted to Cal State East Bay. Most schools will ask you to complete a "Transfer Out Form" before your SEVIS record will be transferred by your current school to Cal State East Bay.
- Admission Letter- Provide your current school with a copy of your Cal State East Bay acceptance letter.
- Release Date- decide what your SEVIS record release date will be. Most often, this date will be the same as the end date of the last term you plan to attend or have attended your current institution.
- Contact our SEVIS team- please email any questions/concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org
School Codes- California State University, East Bay
Hayward Campus- SFR214F00137000
Oakland Campus- SFR214F00137001
Transferring from Cal State East Bay
- All travel and employment benefits authorized through CSUEB will end on your transfer release date.
- Although you may be applying to multiple schools, CSUEB may only transfer your SEVIS record to one school.
- If you decide to cancel your school transfer, you must notify CIE at least 2 business days before your transfer release date. Once the transfer release date has been reached, CSUEB will no longer have access to your SEVIS record, and you will need to contact the transfer-in school to assist you.
- If you are traveling outside the U.S. prior to beginning the program at your new school, you must re-enter the U.S. with the new school's I-20. You may use the same F-1 visa stamp, as long as it is valid.
- You must report to your new school within 15 days of the program start date, since you need to get an updated I-20 to maintain your F-1 visa status. Keep your CSUEB I-20(s) for your records.
- You must start classes at your new school within 5 months of your requested transfer out date.
What documents do I need to submit to transfer my SEVIS record?
- Admission Letter- obtain an admission letter from the school you are transferring to
- Transfer Out Form- submit the Transfer Out Form along with your admission letter to CIE via email to email@example.com.
- Note: some admitting schools may also have their own Transfer In form for CIE to sign
- CIE will electronically transfer your SEVIS record based on the date you indicated on the Transfer In form
- Students on OPT- If you are currently on OPT, you must update your employment end date in your SEVP Portal.
- Your employment end date must be at least 1 day before your SEVIS release date.
- Students on OPT STEM- If you are currently on OPT STEM, you must submit your final validation report and your Final Evaluation on Student Progress (page 5 of the I-983) along with your transfer out request and admission letter.
- Your employment end date as indicated on the evaluation must be at least 1 day before your SEVIS release date.
- Initial Transfer Out- If you wish to transfer out before your first semester at CSUEB and you received your F-1 visa with the Form I-20 issued by CSUEB, you must complete the mandatory immigration check-in with CIE.