- Office of the President
- Current Initiatives
- Affinity-based Student Success and Resource Centers
- College of Health Implementation Task Force
- Enrollment and Budget Gap Tiger Teams
- Faculty and Staff Housing
- Latinx Advisory Board
- Post-COVID Opportunity Scan
- President's Equity Council
- Scaling Career Services Task Force
- Staff Wellness, Enrichment and Engagement Team (SWEET)
- Working Professional Recruitment and Service Task Force
- Leadership Searches
- Messages from the President
- Welcome/Welcome Back to Cal State East Bay
- State of California Title IX Audit Report
- Cozen O'Connor Assessment Report
- Mildred García Appointed 11th CSU Chancellor
- Conclusion of Cozen O’Connor Assessment
- CSU Presidential Review Criteria
- A message from Interim Chancellor - President Sandeen Triennial Review
- Recreation and University Union - Proposed Fee Increases
- 2023 Budget Principles
- Financial Stability Process Memo
- Deep Dive into Future Directions
- CSU Budget Reallocation Update
- Letter to Our Campus Community: The Death of Tyre Nichols
- Announcing new Working Professional Task Force
- Announcing new College of Health Implementation Task Force
- Announcing new Scaling Career Services Task Force
- Support for Lunar New Year Tragedy
- Title IX/DHR Update
- Kathleen Wong(Lau), Ph.D. Named University Diversity Officer
- 2022 Messages
- Reimagining the Concord Campus Update
- Staff Wellness, Enrichment and Engagement Team (SWEET)
- Chancellor Koester Message Regarding Title IX Assessment
- Sharing the Reimagining the Concord Campus Task Force report
- Upcoming Title IX Organizational Assessment visit
- Recent DACA Decision and Our Response
- With Renewed Commitment to Serve Our Black Community Members
- A Message from Interim Chancellor Jolene Koester
- Staff Salary Equity Study
- Diversity Office Update
- Near-Final Future Directions Draft for Feedback
- Evelyn Buchanan Appointed Vice President for University Advancement
- Applied Sciences Center Receives Full Donor Funding
- Myeshia Armstrong appointed Vice President for Administration & Finance
- Grand Opening of Student Success Centers on Thursday, March 17
- A message from President Sandeen regarding CSU Trustees' acceptance of Chancellor Castro's resignation
- Walt Jacobs, Ph.D., named Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Professor Enrique Salmón appointed as Cal State East Bay Inaugural Tribal Liaison
- Cal State East Bay Title IX Responsibilities to Our Community
- Cal State East Bay to return to scheduled course delivery Monday, Jan. 31
- Cal State East Bay named to #CaliforniansForAll College Corps
- Welcome to Spring Semester 2022
- Update on the Beginning of Spring 2022 Semester
- CSU to Require Vaccination Boosters
- 2021 Messages
- With gratitude, from President Sandeen
- Telecommuting program to begin January 2022
- My Story, My Truth Assessment Results
- Launching Our Future Directions Strategic Planning Initiative
- In Support of Our DACA Students
- CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement for Students, Faculty and Staff
- Updated University Guidance on Face Coverings at Cal State East Bay
- Looking Forward to Seeing Everyone Again
- Looking forward beyond COVID-19
- CSU to require immunization against COVID-19
- If one of us, then all of us: A statement asking for grace, compassion and togetherness
- Housing Task Force Report
- Post-COVID opportunity scan
- COVID-19 One Year Later
- Establishment of Affinity-Based Student Success Centers
- Welcome to Spring 2021 Semester
- Our Role in Preserving Our Democracy
- A Greeting from President Cathy Sandeen
- Future Directions strategic planning
- My Story My Truth
- In the News
- Presidential History
- Downloadable Images
- Title IX/DHR
- Reporting and Options
- Support Services
- Title IX Coordinator
- Resources for Students
- Resources for Staff and Faculty
- Resources for Pregnant and Parenting Students
- Help a Friend
- Education & FAQs
- Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation (DHR)
- Policies and Procedures
- Cozen O'Connor Title IX and DHR Assessment
- Bias Reporting Form
- Student Complaint Form
- Title IX Education and Training Coordinating Committee
- Title IX Implementation and Coordinating Committee
December 22, 2021
Cal State East Bay, along with the entire CSU System, will implement a COVID-19 booster documentation requirement.
December 2, 2021
I am pleased to announce in this video message that our university is one of the first in the Cal State system to implement a telecommuting program, beginning in January 2022.
November 18, 2021
With the Thanksgiving/fall break upon us, I wanted to wish you a wonderful time with your families and friends in this video message.
September 14, 2021
Please join us for a virtual Campus Town Hall on Wednesday, September 22, from 12:30 – 2 p.m., to formally launch the “Future Directions” strategic planning initiative. Future Directions is an opportunity for us to reimagine (or reaffirm) Cal State East Bay's vision, mission, and high-level priorities to welcome a new era for the university.
September 8, 2021
The week of September 20, the university will release the results from the My Story, My Truth climate assessment — the assessment of learning, living and working that our students, faculty and staff were invited to participate in last winter.
August 13, 2021
One of the most beautiful traits of our university is the diversity of the Cal State East Bay family. I am saddened, frustrated and angry that there are some throughout our nation who do not support, and actually work against, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) policies.
July 27, 2021
The California State University System announced that it will require immunization against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, from students, faculty and staff who will be on a CSU campus beginning with the Fall 2021 semester.
June 30, 2021
Cal State East Bay is updating our face covering guidelines, in accordance with recent Cal/OSHA revisions. In this video message, I share more information about how this affects our employee groups. Additionally, Risk Management will be sending more detailed information about face coverings this afternoon.
May 26, 2021
An update for the community as Cal State East Bay prepares to open its campus to more students, faculty and staff starting this summer and continuing into Fall 2021.
April 22, 2021
Today, the California State University, along with the University of California, announced its intent to require faculty, staff and students who access campus facilities this fall to be immunized against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. The requirement will be conditional upon full approval of one or more vaccines by the FDA.
April 20, 2021
What happens to one happens to us all. It was nearly a year ago when we first witnessed, with horror, the public murder of George Floyd. Now we write to you again in response to the verdict in the trial of the police officer who knelt on his neck.
April 14, 2021
As we watch vaccinations rates rise and COVID-19 positivity rates fall in our counties and state, many of you have questions about what to expect this summer and fall.
April 7, 2021
I am writing today to share the Cal State East Bay Faculty and Staff Housing Task Force Report. The task force began in 2019 to explore and recommend tangible steps we can take in the short and long term to provide access to more affordable housing options.
March 12, 2021
One year ago, at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, I never imagined how this virus would change nearly everything about how we live, work, teach and learn. I am inspired by how well this community responded by rolling up its sleeves, getting to work, and using creativity and ingenuity to keep our mission at the center of every decision we have made.
February 24, 2021
I am writing today to announce a decision that I believe has been on the minds of many of you for some time: establishing affinity-based student success centers with dedicated space on Cal State East Bay’s Hayward campus.
February 1, 2021
I am writing today to launch a brainstorming and planning initiative this semester that I hope will broadly engage our university community.
January 19, 2021
I am so pleased to greet you today, on the first day of the Spring 2021 term. I recently joined the Cal State East Bay community as your new President, and I wanted provide encouragement as you continue in your studies during this remarkable time.
January 7, 2021
I am writing today to share with you my outrage and sadness at the attempt to disrupt our democratic process we all witnessed yesterday in our nation’s Capitol. Having lived in Washington DC, having walked the halls of the Capitol many times, I could not imagine those historic hallways becoming the site of such appalling violence and insurrection in my lifetime.
January 4, 2021
President Cathy Sandeen introduces herself to Cal State East Bay in her welcome message on her first day leading the Pioneer community.