- Office of the President
- Current Initiatives
- Messages from the President
- My Story, My Truth Assessment Results
- Launching Our Future Directions Strategic Planning Initiative
- In Support of Our DACA Students
- CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement for Students, Faculty and Staff
- Updated University Guidance on Face Coverings at Cal State East Bay
- Looking Forward to Seeing Everyone Again
- Looking forward beyond COVID-19
- CSU to require immunization against COVID-19
- If one of us, then all of us: A statement asking for grace, compassion and togetherness
- Housing Task Force Report
- Post-COVID opportunity scan
- COVID-19 One Year Later
- Establishment of Affinity-Based Student Success Centers
- Welcome to Spring 2021 Semester
- Our Role in Preserving Our Democracy
- A Greeting from President Cathy Sandeen
- Fall Convocation 2021
- In the News
- Leadership Searches
- My Story My Truth
- Presidential History
- Downloadable Images
My Story My Truth
At Cal State East Bay, we seek to create an environment characterized by openness, fairness, and equal access for all students, staff, and faculty. A welcoming and inclusive campus climate is grounded in mutual respect, nurtured by dialogue, evidenced by a pattern of collaborative interaction, and is one of the foundations of our educational model. In short, Cal State East Bay strives to create a sense of belonging for each student, faculty and staff member.
During 2020-21 the university administered a vital and relevant climate assessment, which we have titled “My Story, My Truth: An Assessment of Belonging at Cal State East Bay” (CSUEB-IRB-2020-76). This is our chance to make a difference in the university’s future, and our opportunity to make positive, lasting changes and to help create a more inclusive university community.
To ensure full transparency and to provide a more complete perspective, we have contracted with Rankin & Associates Consulting to help lead this effort. Rankin & Associates have conducted over 200 campus climate assessment projects over the last 20 years. In addition to updates about the process on this website, the entire university community will be invited to participate in this process in Spring 2021.
Read more about the assessment of belonging.