- Office of the President
- Current Initiatives
- Leadership Searches
- Messages from the President
- Diversity Office Update
- Near-Final Future Directions Draft for Feedback
- Evelyn Buchanan Appointed Vice President for University Advancement
- Applied Sciences Center Receives Full Donor Funding
- Myeshia Armstrong appointed Vice President for Administration & Finance
- Grand Opening of Student Success Centers on Thursday, March 17
- A message from President Sandeen regarding CSU Trustees' acceptance of Chancellor Castro's resignation
- Walt Jacobs, Ph.D., named Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Professor Enrique Salmón appointed as Cal State East Bay Inaugural Tribal Liaison
- Cal State East Bay Title IX Responsibilities to Our Community
- Cal State East Bay to return to scheduled course delivery Monday, Jan. 31
- Cal State East Bay named to #CaliforniansForAll College Corps
- Welcome to Spring Semester 2022
- Update on the Beginning of Spring 2022 Semester
- CSU to Require Vaccination Boosters
- 2021 Messages
- With gratitude, from President Sandeen
- Telecommuting program to begin January 2022
- My Story, My Truth Assessment Results
- Launching Our Future Directions Strategic Planning Initiative
- In Support of Our DACA Students
- CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement for Students, Faculty and Staff
- Updated University Guidance on Face Coverings at Cal State East Bay
- Looking Forward to Seeing Everyone Again
- Looking forward beyond COVID-19
- CSU to require immunization against COVID-19
- If one of us, then all of us: A statement asking for grace, compassion and togetherness
- Housing Task Force Report
- Post-COVID opportunity scan
- COVID-19 One Year Later
- Establishment of Affinity-Based Student Success Centers
- Welcome to Spring 2021 Semester
- Our Role in Preserving Our Democracy
- A Greeting from President Cathy Sandeen
- Future Directions strategic planning
- My Story My Truth
- Fall Convocation 2021
- In the News
- Presidential History
- Downloadable Images
Housing Task Force Report
Dear campus community,
I am writing today to share the Cal State East Bay Faculty and Staff Housing Task Force Report.
This Task Force was formed in 2019 by President Morishita to explore and recommend tangible steps we can take in the short and long term to provide access to more affordable housing options—especially for individuals we hope to recruit into faculty and staff positions at Cal State East Bay.
Based on recommendations in the report, I plan to implement the following by the beginning of Fall 2021 semester:
- Establish a comprehensive online housing portal for faculty, staff and students that will provide information and resources about a variety of housing options.
- Recruit local real estate professionals, including Cal State East Bay alumni, who are willing to consult with and assist community members searching for housing options.
- Identify local private rental units in homes close to the Hayward campus, owners of which would welcome Cal State East Bay faculty, staff and students as tenants.
- Coordinate low cost overnight accommodations for faculty and staff who commute long distances and need to stay over a night or two a week.
At a later date, I plan to contract for a housing demand study to explore the viability of constructing housing units on the Hayward campus. The Task Force Report identifies a number of potential locations for these units. Because we will implement more flexible work options over the next year, making it more realistic for faculty and staff to commute further distances from our campuses, I think it’s prudent for us to settle into our Post-COVID configuration before I initiate the housing demand study.
At this time, please join me in recognizing and thanking the Task Force chair, vice president Debbie Chaw, and all Task Force members for their time and effort in producing this important report.
Affordable housing remains one of our biggest challenges in recruiting new and supporting existing faculty and staff. I believe this report and the steps we are taking will put us on a path toward improvement.
April 7, 2021