- Office of the President
- Current Initiatives
- Affinity-based Student Success and Resource Centers
- College of Health Implementation Task Force
- Enrollment and Budget Gap Tiger Teams
- Faculty and Staff Housing
- Post-COVID Opportunity Scan
- President's Equity Council
- Partnership for University Latine/x Success & Opportunity (PULSO)
- Review of Low Degree Conferring (LDC) Programs
- Scaling Career Services Task Force
- Staff Wellness, Enrichment and Engagement Team (SWEET)
- Working Professional Recruitment and Service Task Force
- Leadership Searches
- Messages from the President
- Title IX Updates
- Happy Holidays from President Sandeen
- Future Directions SMART Action Update-Year One
- Statement Condemning Anti-Semitism and Islamophobia
- A Message of Gratitude and Reflection
- Update on the Concord Center
- Update on Faculty-Staff Housing Task Force
- Update on Childcare Task Force
- College of Health Decision
- Updates on Leadership Searches
- CSU Directive on Low Degree-Conferring Programs
- I Stand with Immigrants
- Next Steps on the Working Professionals Task Force
- Next Steps on the Scaling Career Services Task Force
- Reminder of Support Resources Available Following Escalation in Middle East
- Welcome/Welcome Back to Cal State East Bay
- State of California Title IX Audit Report
- Cozen O'Connor Assessment Report
- Mildred García Appointed 11th CSU Chancellor
- Conclusion of Cozen O’Connor Assessment
- CSU Presidential Review Criteria
- A message from Interim Chancellor - President Sandeen Triennial Review
- Recreation and University Union - Proposed Fee Increases
- 2023 Budget Principles
- Financial Stability Process Memo
- Deep Dive into Future Directions
- CSU Budget Reallocation Update
- Letter to Our Campus Community: The Death of Tyre Nichols
- Announcing new Working Professional Task Force
- Announcing new College of Health Implementation Task Force
- Announcing new Scaling Career Services Task Force
- Support for Lunar New Year Tragedy
- Title IX/DHR Update
- Kathleen Wong(Lau), Ph.D. Named University Diversity Officer
- 2022 Messages
- Reimagining the Concord Campus Update
- Staff Wellness, Enrichment and Engagement Team (SWEET)
- Chancellor Koester Message Regarding Title IX Assessment
- Sharing the Reimagining the Concord Campus Task Force report
- Upcoming Title IX Organizational Assessment visit
- Recent DACA Decision and Our Response
- With Renewed Commitment to Serve Our Black Community Members
- A Message from Interim Chancellor Jolene Koester
- Staff Salary Equity Study
- Diversity Office Update
- Near-Final Future Directions Draft for Feedback
- Evelyn Buchanan Appointed Vice President for University Advancement
- Applied Sciences Center Receives Full Donor Funding
- Myeshia Armstrong appointed Vice President for Administration & Finance
- Grand Opening of Student Success Centers on Thursday, March 17
- A message from President Sandeen regarding CSU Trustees' acceptance of Chancellor Castro's resignation
- Walt Jacobs, Ph.D., named Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Professor Enrique Salmón appointed as Cal State East Bay Inaugural Tribal Liaison
- Cal State East Bay Title IX Responsibilities to Our Community
- Cal State East Bay to return to scheduled course delivery Monday, Jan. 31
- Cal State East Bay named to #CaliforniansForAll College Corps
- Welcome to Spring Semester 2022
- Update on the Beginning of Spring 2022 Semester
- CSU to Require Vaccination Boosters
- 2021 Messages
- With gratitude, from President Sandeen
- Telecommuting program to begin January 2022
- My Story, My Truth Assessment Results
- Launching Our Future Directions Strategic Planning Initiative
- In Support of Our DACA Students
- CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement for Students, Faculty and Staff
- Updated University Guidance on Face Coverings at Cal State East Bay
- Looking Forward to Seeing Everyone Again
- Looking forward beyond COVID-19
- CSU to require immunization against COVID-19
- If one of us, then all of us: A statement asking for grace, compassion and togetherness
- Housing Task Force Report
- Post-COVID opportunity scan
- COVID-19 One Year Later
- Establishment of Affinity-Based Student Success Centers
- Welcome to Spring 2021 Semester
- Our Role in Preserving Our Democracy
- A Greeting from President Cathy Sandeen
- Future Directions strategic planning
- My Story My Truth
- In the News
- Presidential History
- Downloadable Images
- Title IX/DHR
- Reporting and Options
- Support Services
- Title IX Coordinator
- Resources for Students
- Resources for Staff and Faculty
- Resources for Pregnant and Parenting Students
- Help a Friend
- Education & FAQs
- Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation (DHR)
- Policies and Procedures
- Cozen O'Connor Title IX and DHR Assessment
- Student Complaint Form
President's Equity Council
The Cal State East Bay President’s Equity Council is a high-level strategy and advisory group that will assist the president in identifying key priorities and strategies to ensure the university continuously improves and authentically lives by its values of embedding and fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the university.
The Council is a representative group of faculty, staff, and students whose positions as well as personal and professional knowledge and experience touch on various aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) work. Lead by President Cathy Sandeen and the University Diversity Officer, Kathleen Wong Lau as Co-chair, the Equity Council receives information and input from other DEI connected groups at the university, for example the Faculty Diversity and Equity Committee (FDEC) of the Academic Senate, Office of Diversity, Associated Students, Inc, and Faculty and Staff Affinity Groups, Affinity-based student success units, among others. The Council does not replicate the work of these groups, but serves as a coordination and accountability body that fosters synergies and meaningful impacts across all DEI efforts to achieve stated goals.
|Associated Students, Inc.
|Veterans Student Services
|Equity and Belonging
|Human Development & Women’s Studies
|Faculty Diversity & Equity Committee
|LGBTQ+ Staff and Faculty Association
|Asian Pacific Islander Faculty & Staff Association
|College of Education and Allied Studies
|Kathleen Wong Lau
|University Diversity Officer
|Institutional Effectiveness & Research
Year 1 (Defining and Building)
During 2021-22, the Council will be chaired by the President and will focus on the following:
- Define a limited set of actionable DEI priorities based on existing data and inputs, including equity gaps in graduation rates, DEI components of the recent (2021) Climate Survey, Faculty and Staff demographic data, and other existing surveys and datasets.
- Provide input and advice on an institutional DEI commitment statement.
- Provide input and advice on an institutional structure for DEI work at Cal State East Bay.
- Provide input and advice on DEI accountability measures and responsible parties.
- Develop a process and templates for academic and functional units to articulate their own DEI priorities, aligned with university-level priorities.
- Provide input and advice on the design of a new central website that clearly communicates Cal State East Bay’s commitment to DEI, priorities, accountability and resources (one place to access DEI information).
- Develop and present an “Equity Summit” (or other name TBD) for the Cal State East Bay Community (to be an annual event) that will review work and accomplishments from the previous year and outline priorities for the coming year.
Subsequent Years (Ongoing)
Beginning in 2022-23, the Council will be co-chaired by two members of the Council selected by the president and will focus on the following:
- Review progress on identified priorities.
- Identify any new or emerging DEI challenges.
- Establish a limited set of actionable new or continuing institutional priorities for the year.
- Collect and review data, as needed, relevant to priorities.
- Review relevance of accountability measures and make adjustments as needed.
- Identify any necessary updates or improvements to the DEI portion of the website.
- Meet with the President twice per semester, or as needed, to provide input and advice on institutional DEI efforts.
- Plan the Cal State East Bay Equity Summit for the year.