- Office of the President
- Current Initiatives
- Messages from the President
- Looking Forward to Seeing Everyone Again
- Looking forward beyond COVID-19
- CSU to require immunization against COVID-19
- If one of us, then all of us: A statement asking for grace, compassion and togetherness
- Housing Task Force Report
- Post-COVID opportunity scan
- COVID-19 One Year Later
- Establishment of Affinity-Based Student Success Centers
- Welcome to Spring 2021 Semester
- Our Role in Preserving Our Democracy
- A Greeting from President Cathy Sandeen
- Leadership Searches
- My Story My Truth
- Presidential History
- Downloadable Images
As President Cathy Sandeen identifies the university's priorities, this Current Initiatives page will categorize the summaries, documents and Task Force members, as well as updates and outcomes for these important projects. For questions about these or emerging initiatives, please email the Office of the President at president@
Looking for recommendations and solutions, a Faculty and Staff Task Force convened in 2019 to explore and recommend tangible steps the university can take to provide access to more affordable housing options.
In a step to provide targeted support to address equity and graduation rates as part of Graduation Initiative 2025, President Cathy Sandeen announced on Feb. 24, 2021 that Cal State East Bay will establish three new student success centers: Black Student Success Center, Latinx Student Success Center, and an Undocumented Student Resource Center.
The Post-COVID Opportunity Scan is a brainstorming and planning initiative in which our operations and lessons learned during the COVID-19 would be examined for practices that could be retained during normal operations.