- Office of the President
- Current Initiatives
- Messages from the President
- My Story, My Truth Assessment Results
- Launching Our Future Directions Strategic Planning Initiative
- In Support of Our DACA Students
- CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement for Students, Faculty and Staff
- Updated University Guidance on Face Coverings at Cal State East Bay
- Looking Forward to Seeing Everyone Again
- Looking forward beyond COVID-19
- CSU to require immunization against COVID-19
- If one of us, then all of us: A statement asking for grace, compassion and togetherness
- Housing Task Force Report
- Post-COVID opportunity scan
- COVID-19 One Year Later
- Establishment of Affinity-Based Student Success Centers
- Welcome to Spring 2021 Semester
- Our Role in Preserving Our Democracy
- A Greeting from President Cathy Sandeen
- Fall Convocation 2021
- In the News
- Leadership Searches
- My Story My Truth
- Presidential History
- Downloadable Images
Faculty and Staff Housing
Affordable housing in the East Bay regional remains one of the university’s biggest challenges in recruiting new and supporting existing faculty and staff. Looking for recommendations and solutions, a Faculty and Staff Task Force convened in 2019 to explore and recommend tangible steps the university can take to provide access to more affordable housing options.
Based on recommendations in the Faculty and Staff Housing Task Force Report, President Cathy Sandeen will implement the following by the beginning of fall 2021 semester:
- Establish a comprehensive online housing site for faculty, staff and students that will provide information and resources about a variety of housing options.
- Recruit local real estate professionals, including Cal State East Bay alumni, who are willing to consult with and assist community members searching for housing options.
- Identify local private rental units in homes close to the Hayward campus, owners of which would welcome Cal State East Bay faculty, staff and students as tenants.
- Coordinate low cost overnight accommodations for faculty and staff who commute long distances and need to stay over a night or two a week.
President Sandeen’s April 7 campus message outlines the initiative and thanks the following committee members for their service.
Faculty and Staff Housing Task Force
- Debbie Chaw, Vice President Admin & Fin/CFO, Administration and Finance (chair)
- Anna Alexander, Assistant Professor, History Department
- Danvy Le, Assistant Professor, Political Science
- Satinder Malhi, Associate Director, Govern & Community Relations
- Arnab Mukherjea, Assistant Professor, Health Sciences
- Bhavesh Patel, Buyer, Procurement Services
- Randyl Pamphlet, EOP Office Manager, Education Opportunity Program
- Ian Pollock, Associate Professor, Art
- Winnie Kwofie, Associate Vice President, Facilities Development & Operations (ex officio member)